The Penn Medicine CDS Workgroup is formalized by a charter established and led by the CDS Officer and the Director of the Center for Evidence-based Practice (CEP), reporting on CDS activities to the CMIO and CMO.
Operational activities will include:
1. Evaluating and prioritizing new CDS proposals
2. Requesting evidence reviews to guide CDS interventions when appropriate
3. Developing and deploying CDS interventions
4. Cataloguing and evaluating implemented CDS interventions (including those implemented prior to workgroup formation)
5. Making recommendations for more rigorous epidemiologic and/or economic evaluations of select interventions
The workgroup meets every other week to review proposals. Proposals evaluated by the CDS Workgroup can be submitted via direct submission of proposals by individuals via the HelpDesk which may then be forwarded to the workgroup by the Inpatient EMR Prioritization or the Outpatient EMR Operations Committees if they meet specific criteria.
To be forwarded to the CDS workgroup, proposals need to support the Blueprint for Quality or Evidence Based Practice initiatives at Penn, and must be computerized CDSs, including CPOE, protocol support, information buttons, alerts or reminders. The Workgroup will report activities quarterly to the Clinical IT Governance Committee.
To view completed decision support interventions, please visit our intranet site at: http://uphsxnet.uphs.upenn.edu/is/cds/