Penn Dermatology's vision — and part of its long and distinguished history — is to provide excellent patient care and to perform the breakthrough research necessary to discover the dermatology treatments of tomorrow. Penn Dermatology's clinical team is committed to providing the highest level of quality care and service to referring physicians and their patients.
Penn Dermatology Provides Expert Consultation and Physician Resources
- Penn Dermatology provides comprehensive treatment for a high-volume of patients from throughout the Philadelphia region and to patients referred to Penn from across the United States.
- Penn offers sophisticated diagnostic testing, surgical treatment options including Mohs micrographic and reconstructive surgery, drug and specialized therapies and preventive and consultative services found at few other medical centers in the United States.
- Penn dermatologists personalize treatment plans to match the needs of every patient.
- Penn Dermatology has major outpatient practices and sizeable consultative inpatient services at Penn Medicine's hospitals, clinical facilities and affiliates in Philadelphia and the region.
- As a high-volume center, Penn dermatologists routinely diagnose, treat and perform surgical procedures that may be done infrequently at other medical facilities.
- The dermatologists and dermatologic clinical staff at Penn create a supportive environment for patients. The professional and support staff understands patients and is committed to tailoring recommendations and care plans to every patient's individual needs.
- Penn Dermatology is one of the few institutions in the country with dedicated dermatologic research laboratories and dermatopathologic facilities. It provides comprehensive diagnostic testing to Penn and community-based physicians throughout the Philadelphia region and across the country.
- As a national leader in basic science, translational research and clinical trials, Penn Dermatology offers patients access to the latest treatment options before they are widely available elsewhere in the region.
- Penn Dermatology's research programs are funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and are at the forefront of innovation.
For patient referrals, access PhysicianLink, an exclusive physician-only portal available for patient referrals, consults and transfers 24/7.