Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship
The University of Pennsylvania, Division of Sports Medicine in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery and the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health is pleased to offer a one year Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship opportunity in Philadelphia. This PCSM fellowship will be open to all primary care residents, including family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and emergency medicine. The fellowship has one position per year. The fellowship offers a comprehensive, balanced experience including care for athletes of all ages and levels of competition.
Program Highlights Include
- Division I Athletic Coverage – The fellow will serve as a team physician for the University of Pennsylvania; a Division I athletic program with over 30 varsity sports.
- Professional Sports - Exposure to the Philadelphia Eagles and Philadelphia Flyers through Dr. Gary Dorshimer, who serves as team physician for both organizations.
- Pediatric Sports Medicine Training at CHOP - including significant time with non-operative sports medicine faculty and comprehensive concussion management training at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mass participation events – Fellow will serve as an associate medical director for the Penn Relays Track and Field Carnival, Philadelphia Love Run ½ marathon, and the Tri-Rock Philadelphia Triathlon
- Comprehensive didactics and curriculum including time with multiple specialists including:
- musculoskeletal radiology including musculoskeletal ultrasound with two board-certified msk U/S specialists
- non-operative spine care with faculty from the Penn Spine Center
- foot and ankle surgery
- hand surgery
- elbow and shoulder surgery
The application deadline is October 1, annually. Applications are accepted ONLY through ERAS. For questions, please see our How to Apply page, or contact:
Darcy MacDonald, 215-294-9284
3737 Market Street, 9th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104