One of the core clerkships during Module 4, the four-week rotation in Family Medicine introduces students to the specialty and primary care. Most importantly, students are asked to implement many of the skills they learned in the first three modules of medical school.
Upon completion of this clerkship, students will acquire skills in the following areas:
- Perform a competent patient interview in the primary care setting
- Identify pertinent historical and exam elements
- Make a differential diagnosis
- Develop and implement a treatment plan
- Manage acute and chronic disease, health prevention, behavior change