Please keep in mind when you are signing up for SEPTA, that
you may only switch to parking once. You may not return to
getting a SEPTA pass until the following academic year.
1. Complete application (click here to go to the SEPTA
Application) and submit it to the GME Office.
2. Compasses are only available in lieu of parking. Under
no circumstances will a SEPTA pass and parking card be issued
at the same time.
3. Any changes must be received prior to the 1st of the
month for the requested change.
For instance, if you are currently parking and would like
to start riding SEPTA effective September 1st, our office
would need to receive your commuter pass application by
August 10th for the change to take place by September 1st.
If we receive your application anytime after August 10th,
the change would not take effect until October 1st.
If you are switching from SEPTA to PARKING and we receive
your parking application on August 1st, you may not begin
parking until Sept. 1st.
If you are currently not enrolled in either program, you
may start to park as soon as your parking card and sticker
4. Graduate Medical Education is not responsible for lost
or stolen cards and will not replace them.
5. All SEPTA transit passes will be mailed directly to
the home address currently on file with the GME office in
time for you to use the pass for your commute.
6. All commuter passes have Anywhere privileges on weekends
and major holidays. Zone 3 or higher passes continue to
be valid for travel on all off-peak trains.
7. Applications and questions about the commuter pass program
for housestaff members are handled by the Graduate Medical
Education Office every weekday from 7:30 am to 5:00pm.
8. Any questions regarding the bus routes or train zones
can be directed to SEPTA information at 215-5807800, or