Events and Accolades
- Penn's Infectious Diseases MacGregor Outpatient Clinic earned Penn Medicine's 2015 CPUP Quality and Patient Safety Award for
Use of an Enhanced Multidisciplinary Medication Adherence and Safety Program to Improve HIV Virologic Suppression and
Reduce HIV Transmission Risk. The group was honored at the Health System Awards Ceremony in February, 2016.
- Emily Blumberg, MD has been selected as a new member of the Penn Academy of Master Clinicians.
This selection recognizes “…those exceptional clinicians who consistently exemplify the highest standards of clinical care, humanism and professionalism”. December 2015.
- Baligh Yehia, MD, MSHP, MPP has been named the 2015-2016 recipient of the Walter J. McDonald Award for Early Career Physicians from the American College of Physicians (ACP). Read more...
- Vincent Lo Re III, MD, MSCE has been appointed to the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Committee for a National Strategy for the Elimination of Hepatitis B and C, November 2015.
- Charitha Gowda, MD, MPH receives the CROI Young Investigator Award, November 2015.
- Matt Culyba, MD PhD has been selected as a Department of Medicine Measey Senior Research Fellow, effective July 1, 2015. This is a highly competitive award aimed at physician-scientists at the fellow level who are committed to a lab-based research career.
- Anne H. Norris, MD has been promoted to Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine in the Associated Faculty of the Perelman School of Medicine, effective July 1, 2015.
- Vincent Lo Re III, MD, MSCE has been elected to a 3-year term on the Board of Directors of the International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (May 2015).
- Katharine J. Bar, MD received the Holmes Award for Basic Research by an Early Career Faculty member (May 2015).
- Pablo Tebas, MD is recognized as part of the University of Pennsylvania team receiving the prestigious Clinical Research Achievement Award for personalized gene therapy work in HIV. See article here: http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/news/News_Releases/2015/04/june2/
- Karam C. Mounzer, MD is recognized as the "Practitioner of the Year" by the Philadelphia County Medical Society/Pennsylvania Medical Society, April 2015.
- Keith Hamilton, MD has been selected by the graduating class to receive the 2015 Medical Student Government Clinical Teaching Award. Each year the graduating class honors one clinician and one basic scientist in recognition of their excellence in teaching (April 2015).
- In March 2015, Jonathan Nunez, MD was selected as the 2015 recipient of the annual Vanitha Appadorai Vaidya, MD Award for Humaneness in Medicine, per The Philadelphia County Medical Society.
- On March 19, 2015, Phillip Green, MD was honored as the 2015 Philadelphia VA Medical Center Doctor of the Year.
- Baligh Yehia, MD, MSHP, MPP has been appointed by the White House to serve as Senior Advisor on Healthcare to the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In this role, he will serve as the principal health advisor to the Secretary, helping shape policy that will impact the largest integrated healthcare system in the country. In addition, he will work closely with the White House, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Defense, and other agencies on issues related to the health of veterans and their families. This is his second year in this Presidential appointment.
- Ramin S. Herati, MD, has been appointed Instructor A in Medicine, effective February 1, 2015.
- Keith Hamilton, MD, director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program of HUP, contributed to the Penn Medicine News Blog: Antibiotic Resistance: The Med, Vet Connection in January 2015: http://news.pennmedicine.org/blog/2015/01/antibiotic-resistance-the-med-vet-connection.html