Events and Accolades
- Keith Hamilton, MD has been selected as this year's AOA faculty inductee. This award recognizes the highest standards of professionalism and commitment to high quality health care.
- Stephen J. Gluckman, MD has been announced as one of the new members of The Academy of Master Clinicians in November 2014. This membership recognizes Penn Medicine clinicians who exemplify the highest standards of clinical excellence, humanism and professionalism. Election to
The Academy of Master Clinicians is the highest clinical honor to be bestowed on a Penn physician.
- Laura Bamford, MD, MSCE received the Penn McCabe Fund pilot award for her work proposing to assess the use of the quadrivalent HPV vaccine as treatment for condyloma acuminatum, July 2014.
- David Holtzman, MD and Ramin S. Herati, MD both tied as recipients of the Robert Austrian Outstanding Fellow Award, June 2014.
- Stephen J. Gluckman, MD receives the Faculty Teaching Award, June 2014.
- Havey Rubin, MD is featured in Philadelphia Inquirer article, May 25, 2014 "A lifesaving chain, from Hollywood to Phila." http://articles.philly.com/2014-05-25/news/50085669_1_cold-chain-sean-penn-haiti
- Katherine J. Bar, MD, has been appointed as Assistant Professor of Medicine (tenure track) effective July 1, 2014.
- Jennifer H. Han, MD, MSCE has been appointed as an Assistant Professor of Medicine (CE track) effective July 1, 2014.
- Ramin S. Herati, MD, has been selected as a Department of Medicine Measy Senior Research Fellow, effective July 1, 2014. This highly competitive award is aimed at fellow level physician-scientists who are committed to lab-based research, providing support to promising senior fellows during the period of transition from research fellow to faculty member.
- Penn Fecal Microbiota Transplant Program in the news. Philadelphia Inquirer, April 7, 2014: http://articles.philly.com/2014-04-07/news/48912146_1_antibiotics-fmt-infection
- Pablo Tebas, MD, is the lead author of the March 12, 2014 New England Journal of Medicine paper entitled: "Gene Editing of CCR5 in Autologous CD4 T Cells of Persons Infected with HIV": http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1300662
- Judith A. O'Donnell, MD and Richard Maniglia, MD were among the PPMC winners of the UPHS Quality and Patient Safety Award in January 2014.
- Keith Hamilton, MD, is one of the winners of the Penn Medicine Innovation Grant; Project Title: Generation of near real-time antibiograms leveraging the Penn Data Store (PDS).
- Jody Gilmore MSN, CRNP, a nurse practitioner in PPMC's Infectious Diseases Practice/Viral Hepatitis Center, is honored by the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC) as the 2012 recipient of the ANAC Joanne Ruiz Achievement Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice in HIV Care. This award is given to outstanding nurse clinicians who are recognized for their knowledge and skill in caring for people with HIV and their families, and are a source of pride to self, peer, patients, and colleagues. According to ANAC leadership, this award is given to "the nurse you would most want to care for your loved ones." Jody was honored at ANAC's annual conference in Arizona in November.
- Janet Hines, MD is the recipient of one of the MS2 Pre-Clinical Teaching Awards for her outstanding work directing the Microbiology/Infectious Diseases course 2012-2013.
- Jennifer Han, MD, MSCE is the recipient of the Robert Austrian Outstanding Fellow Award.
- Keith Hamilton, MD is the recipient of the Outstanding Clinical Teaching Award.
Gregory P. Bisson, MD, MSCE is the recipient of the Marjorie A. Bowman New Investigator Award, a Penn Medicine Award of Excellence
- Vincent Lo Re, MD MSCE is the recipient of the Leonard Berwick Memorial Teaching Award
- Darren Linkin, MD, MSCE is the recipient of the Clinical Teaching Award.
- Drs. Stacey Trooskin, MD and Baligh Yehia, MD, MSHP, MPP are the recipients of the Austrian Award for Outstanding Fellow.
- Janet Hines, MD is the recipient of the Clinical Teaching Award.
- Keith Hamilton, MD is the recipient of the Austrian Award.
- Ingi Lee, MD is the recipient of the Austrian Award.
- Todd Barton, MD is the recipient of the Clinical Teaching Award.