The Healthcare Leadership in Quality Residency Track at the University of Pennsylvania is a true immersion experience for residents interested in pursuing advanced training in quality improvement and patient safety. Supported by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer and offered to residents from all specialties throughout Penn Medicine, the track supports residents to become leaders in our healthcare system's quality and safety initiatives and begins to prepare them for careers in this field.
Some components of the track include:
- 3 weeks of didactics, topics including quality measurement, quality improvement science, patient safety, health information technology, innovation in healthcare and many more.
- Integration into a quality improvement leadership team located in the inpatient or outpatient setting — residents select a team based upon their clinical interests.
- Completion of a team-based capstone quality improvement project.
- Development of a scholarly project (abstract, publication) related to capstone project work.
- Mentorship by track directors, faculty leaders in quality, and an executive leadership coach.
Upon completion of the track, residents are awarded a certificate of completion in the Healthcare Leadership in Quality Track from the Hospital of University of Pennsylvania.
For more information about the track or questions, please visit our website:or contact the track directors: