Deadline for Internal Medicine applications: October 5, 2012
Deadline for Dermatology applicatons: October 12, 2012.
The Department of Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Department of Dermatology sponsor a combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency Training Program. It is a five-year training program that allows residents to train simultaneously in internal medicine and dermatology, leading to board eligibility in both. The first year is training in internal medicine, the second year is training in dermatology, and years 3-5 include 6 months of internal medicine and 6 months of dermatology. This program will provide an opportunity for the applicants interested in expanding their medical training and is suited for individuals interested in the care of complex medical dermatology patients or in an academic career related to developing expertise in an area of medical dermatology. The five years of curriculum has been designed jointly by the Departments of Medicine and Dermatology under the direction of Dr. Lisa Bellini and Dr. Victoria Werth.
Application Requirements for this program are as follows. Complete applications include
- Two separate applications are necessary: one to Dermatology and a separate application to Internal Medicine
- Completed ERAS application and CV. Use the ERAS code for the combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency program to designate your interest
- USMLE Transcript
- A Dean's letter
- A letter from the applicant's institution Chair or Chair-designee for Intenral Medicine
- A letter of recommendation from a Dermatology Faculty member in support of your interests and qualifications for the Medicine/Dermatology Program
- Two supplemental letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A transcript
- A photograph
- Applicants invited for interviews will interview at both programs over two consecutive days
Please be advised that the admission standards for this program are much more rigorous than for the regular dermatology program.
Important Dates (for program starting July 2013)
- Medicine Application Deadline: October 5, 2012
- Dermatology Application Deadline: October 12, 2012
- Dean's Letter Deadline: October 1, 2012
For additional information about this program, please contact Dr. Victoria Werth.
Program Director - Victoria P. Werth, M.D.
Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
3400 Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Telephone: (215) 823-4208
Fax: (215) 823-5171