Deadline for Combined Medicine and Dermatology Training Program is October 1, 2016
The Department of Medicine at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Department of Dermatology sponsor a combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency Training Program. This program is approved by both the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Dermatology. It is a five-year training program that allows residents to train simultaneously in internal medicine and dermatology, leading to board eligibility in both. The goal of the program is to train leaders in academic medicine with a focus on complex medical dermatology. The first year is training in internal medicine, the second year is training in dermatology, and years 3-5 include 6 months of internal medicine and 6 months of dermatology. This program will provide an opportunity for the applicants interested in expanding their medical training and is suited for individuals interested in the care of complex medical dermatology patients or in an academic career related to developing expertise in an area of medical dermatology. The five years of curriculum has been designed jointly by the Departments of Medicine and Dermatology under the direction of Dr.Victoria Werth.
Application Requirements for this program are as follows. Complete applications include
- An application to the combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology training program.
- Completed ERAS application and CV. Use the ERAS code for the combined Internal Medicine/Dermatology Residency program to designate your interest. The med/derm NRMP program code is 1628785C0
- USMLE Transcript
- Your current Curriculum Vitae
- A Dean's letter
- A letter from the applicant's institution Chair or Chair-designee for Intenral Medicine
- Letter from the Chair or Chair-designee for Dermatology
- 2 additional letters; one from Internal Medicine faculty with whom the applicant worked clinically, and one from a Dermatology faculty member with whom the applicant worked clinically. (2 total IM letters and 2 total Derm letters including the Chair letters, above)
- A personal statement; it is recommended that the personal statement discuss the candidate's itnerest in the combined program
- A transcript
- A photograph
- Applicants invited for interviews will accomplish both Medicine and Dermatology interviews on the same day. Interview selection letters usually are mailed the first week of December.
Important Dates (for program starting June 2017)
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2016
- Dean's Letter Deadline: October 1, 2016
- Interviews and Tour: January 4-5, 2017 (subject to change)
For additional information about this program, please contact Dr. Victoria Werth.
Program Director - Victoria P. Werth, M.D.
Mary Beth Forte, Program Coordinator
3400 Spruce Street
2 Maloney Building
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Telephone: (215) 662-7883
Fax: (215) 823-5171