Penn's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offers eight resident positions per year. Six of the eight positions are in the five-year clinical track. Two of the eight positions are six years in length, with five years in the clinical track and an additional year of research in the McKay Laboratory. Explore the McKay Brochure detailing the laboratory opportunities.
All applicants must apply through the ERAS program and are selected through the National Resident Matching Program. Applications will not be accepted outside of ERAS.
The deadline for applications is October 15, 2015. Interviews will be conducted on January 29 and 30, 2016.
- USMLE Step 1 Board Scores
- USMLE Step 2 Board Scores, recommended/not required
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- One letter from an orthopaedic surgeon, who knows you well.
- Letters may be addressed generically: "Dear Program Director"
- Letters must be uploaded via ERAS
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae, if different from your ERAS CV
- Dean's letter
- Medical School Transcripts
Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview via the ERAS email system no later than December 15, 2015. An ERAS email will also notifiy any applicant not chosen for an interview.
For urgent or pressing inquiries only, contact:
Shanna Kurek, MSA
Medical Education Coordinator
Penn Medicine University City
Penn Musculoskeletal Center
3737 Market Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104