How To Apply
Penn's Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offers eight resident positions per year. Six of the eight positions are in the five-year clinical track. Two of the eight positions are six years in length, with five years in the clinical track and an additional year of research in the McKay Laboratory. Explore the McKay Brochure detailing the laboratory opportunities.
All applicants must apply through the ERAS program and are selected through the National Resident Matching Program. All applications and materials will only be accepted if submitted through ERAS.
The deadline for application is October 15, 2014. Residency interviews will be conducted on January 9, 10 and 11, 2015.
Required documentation includes:
- Board scores
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Letters of reference must include one letter from an orthopaedic surgeon, who knows you well.
- Please address all recommendation letters "Dear Program Director"
- All recommendation letters should be sent through ERAS.
- A personal statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's letter
- Medical School transcripts
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified of interviews via the ERAS email system. ERAS email will also provide notification for all applicants not chosen for interviews.
Applicants may contact residency coordinator Barbara Weinraub if they need any other information regarding the program.