Resources for Patients and Families:
Links of Special Interest to the Department of Pastoral Care
The following programs have come to the attention of the Department of Pastoral Care as being of special interest
to our chaplains.
- Alcoholics Anonymous -- The Southeastern Pennsylvania Intergroup Association of Alcoholics Anonymous is the local source for information about meetings and support, designated by the national organization. For a listing of resources in other locations, click here.
- Camp Kesem -- Penn summer camp for children who have or had a parent with cancer
- Cleaning for a Reason -- Provides free professional house cleaning for women undergoing cancer treatment
- Hosts for Hospitals -- Provides free lodging in local homes for out-of-town families visiting hospital patients
- Little Smiles -- Non-profit organization that provides computers, DVDís, toys, games, etc. to hospitalized children (including older children) purely for the purpose of making their day a little brighter
- Penn Center for Youth and Family Trauma Response and Recovery -- Works with children, adolescents and their families who are suffering from symptoms of traumatic stress and other difficulties after exposure to violence, crime and abuse
- Siloam -- Support for people with HIV/AIDS, with special sensitivity to spiritual dynamics
- Wish Upon A Wedding -- Provides free weddings for couples facing terminal illness and serious life-altering circumstances