OVERVIEW OF THE PENNID
The PennID is a unique permanent 8 digit number issued
to every employee of the Health System (paid or non-paid), School of
Medicine and the University. This numeric
identifier is used within the Penn community as a substitute for the
Social Security Number. It is a permanent identifier on each individual
and remains the same even if one leaves the Penn Community and come back
at a later point in time. PennID will never consist of a letter from
the alphabet or a special character.
Penn ID is also an essential component in the registration of
the Pennkey and password process. All PennKey's have a
corresponding PennID. Refer to our 3
Parts of PennKey for further clarification.
HOW YOUR PENNID IS CREATED
- Paid Employees - All employees paid by UPHS are
automatically generated a PennID once they accept their job position
and complete their new employee paperwork. Remember if the employee
is a rehire, their PennID carries over from their previous work experience.
- Non-Paid Employees - If you are a temporary contractor
or an employee paid by another organization, you must request a Lawson
entry when you receive their security badge. This entry will generate
a PennID. These employees need to fill out Security Photo ID Request
Form in its entirety (including Date of Birth and Social Security Number).
LOCATING YOUR PENNID
There are several locations where you can easily find your PennID.
- UPHS Paid Employees - You can find your PennID by logging onto Employee Records and Paychecks and selecting the link in the left column for the Personal Profile page.
- Manager's Portal - You can ask your manager to view
Roster via the HR Channel under E-Broadcast in the Lawson Manager's
Portal to identify your PennID.
- PennKey Help Desk - You can e-mail the PennKey Help
Desk at email@example.com and
simply ask for your PennID.