Honors & Awards
Jeffrey Berns, M.D., F.A.C.P.,
Associate Chief for Clinical Affairs, Fellowship Program Director
- J. Russell Elkinton Faculty Teaching Award; Renal Electrolyte and Hypertension Division 2007
- Leonard Berwick Memorial Teaching Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2008)
- Penn Medicine Patient Advocacy Award (2010)
- US News and World Report's "American's Top Doctors" - Nephrology (2011)
- Penn Medicine Module II Teaching Award, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (2011)
- Philadelphia Magazine "Top Docs" - Nephrology (2011)
- Philadelphia Magazine "Top Docs" - Nephrolgoy (2012)
- Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching, University of Pennsylvania (2012)
Mortimer M. Civan, M.D.
- Invited Member, ARVO/Pfizer Research Institute Working Group. Proceedings published as: Fautsch MP, Johnson DH, and the Second ARVO/Pfizer Research Institute Working Group: Aqueous humor outflow: What do we know? Where will it lead us? Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 47:4181-7, 2006.
- Invited Member, Planning Committee for Glaucoma Section of the International Congress of Eye Research held at Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2006.
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Physiology: Cell Physiology
Debbie Cohen, M.D.
- Editorial Position: Review of Endocrinology
Lawrence B. Holzman, MD
- Award for Teaching Excellence, Division of Nephrology, University of Michigan Medical School (2006)
- Top Doc, Hour Detroit Monthly (2007)
- Elected, American Association of Physicians (2008)
Josh Lipschutz, M.D.,
University of Pennsylvania
- Department of Medicine Holmes Award in Bench Research to Nathan Hellman M.D., Ph.D. for work done in the Lipschutz Lab, 2006
- Deployed on active duty status to Baghdad, Iraq. Served at a Forward Support Hospital, C. Co., 199th FSB, 256th BCT (March 2005-July 2005). Awarded an Army Commendation Medal, Operation Iraqi Freedom Medal, and a War on Terrorism Medal.
- Editorial Board, American Journal of Physiology, Renal Physiology
Jonathan Maltzman, MD, PhD
- John Merrill Grant in Transplantation (Awarded jointly by the American Society of Nephrology and American Society of Transplantation) (2007)
- Austrian Award for Junior Faculty (DOM) (2007)
- American Society of Transplantation Basic Science Career Development Award (2012)
- American Society of Clinical Investigation (2012)
James B. Reilly, MD, MSHP, FACP
- Penn Pearl Teaching Award, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (2011)
Katalin Susztak, MD, PhD
- Carl W. Gottschalk Research Scholar Award of the American Society of Nephrology/Kidney Urology Foundation (2006)
- Mary Jane Kugel Award from the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation (2008)
- Wilhelm Kriz Award of the Podocyte Meeting (2008)
- Elected member American Society of Clinical Investigators (2011)
- Young Investigator Award of the American Society of Nephrology and the Kidney Council of the American Heart Association (2011)
Raymond Townsend, M.D.
- Donald B. Martin Teaching Award (Dept. of Medicine Housestaff) 1995-1996
- Russell T. Elkinton Award (From Renal Fellows) 2000-2001
- Outstanding Lecturer Award (From Penn Med Students) 2000-2001
- Program Committee ACP/ASIM for 2007 Annual Meeting
- Fellow, Council for High Blood Pressure Research
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- Associate Editor, Annals of Internal Medicine 2000-2005
- Associate Editor, Journal of Clinical Hypertension 1999-Present
Alan Wasserstein, M.D.
- Chair, Medical Faculty Senate, 2000-2001