All Department of Surgery Housestaff

Parking/SEPTA Compass

Housestaff performing 50% or greater clinical duties is eligible for subsidized parking by the hospital and clinical department. In order to be eligible for parking, all appropriate documentation must be complete in accordance to the House Staff Policy #4.03. Parking stickers will be available three business days after the application has been received.

As of July 1, 2014 the Department of Graduate Medical Education will continue to fund fully paid parking and SEPTA City Pass for housestaff currently in the program. For new housestaff starting in FY15, SEPTA City Pass will continue to be paid in full (half by GME, half by the Department) while 75% of UPHS parking costs will be paid (half by GME, half by the Department) with the resident/fellow responsible for the remaining 25%. This can be paid via pre-tax payroll deduction. The transportation benefit for current housestaff will not change; those who park will continue to have that entire cost paid by GME and the Department. UPHS residents/fellows starting a UPHS ACGME or other similarly accredited program in FY15 and any off-cycle residents/fellows starting after January 1, 2014 will be considered new and therefore subject to the 75% cap on parking (while still eligible for 100% of SEPTA City Pass payment).

SEPTA Compasses only available in lieu of parking. A house officer cannot be issued a SEPTA pass and a parking card. The Institution will pay the cost of a Zone 1 TransPass, or supplement the cost of a TrailPass up to a maximum of $63.00. Applications for changes to your commuter pass must be submitted to the Graduate Medical Education Office 35 days prior to the month the change is to take place.

All SEPTA passes will be mailed to your home address. Make sure your current address is listed with the Human Resources Office. To change your address fill please do so at Employee Self Service and please let your Residency Coordinator know as well.