VASCULAR SURGERY and
|Overall Educational Goals
|PGY6 - Academic/Vascular Lab – HUP
- Patient Care
- Residents will attend outpatient office hours and learn skills of history and physical exam.
- Attend and learn vascular laboratory techniques for noninvasive imaging.
- Medical Knowledge
- Understanding fundamentals of vascular disease processes.
- Learning indications for vascular non-invasive imaging.
- Preparing and presenting for weekly vascular grand rounds.
- Applying research initiatives to vascular disease processes.
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Incorporation of educational conference, faculty evaluations, and self assessment to daily practice.
- Develop a pattern of continual education to keep abreast of the developments and improvements in our field to maintain delivery of state of the art care.
- Facilitate learning of students, residents and other health care professionals.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- To communicate and work effectively with all health care providers and hospital employees.
- To be able to communicate information to the patient and family effectively in an outpatient setting.
- Interacting with vascular laboratory technicians.
- Communicating and working with other professionals in achieving research goals
- Presenting research projects in the form of presentations and manuscripts.
- To demonstrate compassion and respect for patient and family.
- To uphold patients’ privacy and rights.
- To perform under the highest ethical standards.
- To demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to patients’ culture, age, gender, and disabilities.
- Protecting patients’ rights during research projects.
- System-Based Practice
- Demonstrate the ability to work and navigate through all hospital systems.
- Functioning in the outpatient vascular laboratory setting.