Peter L. Abt, MD
Dr. Abt’s research activities involve both outcomes and translational research. We have collaborations with multiple investigators from a variety of institutions.
Donation After Cardiac Death Organ Donation
- Understanding how donor hemodynamic profiles impact graft and recipient survival
- Retransplantation in liver recipients
- DCD liver transplant consortium for retrospective and prospective studies
Renal Dysfunction and Failure after Liver Transplantation
There are several ongoing studies which seek to characterize the link between liver disease and kidney dysfunction.
- Multicenter NIH funded study examining markers of renal injury
- Development of models to predict chronic kidney injury in liver recipients who experience acute kidney injury
- Validation of models to predict end stage renal disease after liver transplant