Schedule Change Procedures
- Insure adequate patient care.
- Full unequivocal compliance with all resident work rules – all SURGERY housestaff will comply regardless of clinical rotation or hospital.
- Fair open equitable system to maximize changes for outside personal and academic conflicts and avoid any changes without one’s concurrence.
- Systematic approach with clear rules and expectations – with the benefits of the work rules, also came a great decrease in flexibility.
- MASTER ROTATION ASSIGNMENTS are posted on the Medhub and kept current. Day to day schedules are posted on the department web site.
- The email request should be sent to the administrative residents.
- The email request is required to include:
- Purpose of the change, specifics in detail of the change and solution to assure coverage.
- Work rule compliance.
- Concurrence of ALL stakeholders.
- Requests without any of the above will automatically be denied.
- Emergency requests should be sent directly to the administrative residents (i.e. personal and family health issues, interviews, etc.)