Section I, Series
10. Pennsylvania Hospital Nursing Collection, 1876-1995.
Department of Nursing Education, 1955-1985 (MG 3.16,
This series documents the development of the nursing education
program administered by Sandy Mannino.
- Box 1 contains a series of articles, memos, policy statements
and course outlines for programs such as the Emergency Medical
Services Training Program, In-Service and Orientation Programs,
and the Supervisory Development Program.
- Boxes 2 and 3 consist primarily of secondary materials
– a collection of articles, booklets and government
publications related to nursing education. Box 3 includes
a floor clerk procedural manual, a student handbook, a faculty
manual and an employee handbook.
- Boxes 4 and 5 contain the papers of Anne Surgent, R.N.,
Director of In-Service Education. This subseries includes
reports of the nursing education advisory committee, in-service
education and staff development, as well as the manuals
of an in-service supervisor and a unit clerk, and a manual
for the orientation of staff nurses.
- Boxes 6 and 7 include papers regarding the closure of
the Nursing School as well as various records and course
outlines. Box 8 contains minutes from directors’ meetings,
nursing services and education, and faculty meetings.
Back to Nursing Collection